A blog without any traffic is good for nothing. So it is very important to make your blog popular. In order to popularize your blog, the most important thing is to get good traffic and build a loyal blog audience. Some of the ways by which you can popularize your blog are:
1. Write Good Articles – Your content should be interesting and offer something to the readers that will urge them to come back for more. You need to write often and offer your readers some meaningful information to maintain their interest. This will help you to build a loyal blog audience.
2. Submit the Sitemap of your blog to various search engines – You should submit the sitemap of your blog to various search engines including the popular ones like Google, Bing and Yahoo. This will help you to appear in the search results of these engines.
3. Add links to other blogs – Ask owners of some other blogs to place a link of your blog and in return you place their link in your blog. This will help you to get their visitors to your blog.
4. Use the comments section – The Comment section of any blog is a simple, yet effective tool to bring traffic to your blog. You may comment on some popular blogs. Doing this people will recognize you and may also visit your blog. Most of the blogs use CommentLuv. CommentLuv helps you to post the recent article just below your comment. Thus if the title of your article is interesting, people will definitely visit your blog. However your comment should be relevant and not like “nice articles”, “Well Done”, etc.
Similarly, you need to respond to your readers comments to show how you are actively involved with the blog.
5. Use RSS Feeds – Make it easier for your readers to read your blog by putting the RSS feed button on your blog. It will also help your feed subscribers to know when you publish new content even if they do not visit your blog.
6. Use tags – The search engines notice tags easily. Make sure to include tags in your blog posts as it will get you some additional traffic.
7. Use social bookmarking sites – An easy way to boost traffic to your blog is to submit your articles to popular social book marking sites like StumbleUpon, Digg, etc.
8. Be an active participant in forums and other groups – Find forums and social networking sites like LinkedIn, Facebook,etc where you can participate, share ideas, offer your views and ask questions to like-minded individuals and professionals in the same field. You can add your blog’s URL in your profile for these forums or networking sites. In this way, you can indirectly promote your blog. It is likely that many people will click on your blog’s URL to know more about you.
9. Facebook Fan Pages -It is simple to create, easy and free. The best part is, once someone becomes a fan of your blog, they will then be able to see your blog updates when they are using Facebook. You may also read Bloggers should take advantage of Facebook.
10. Use Twitter – Creating a Twitter account for your blog is another effective way to bring in a new readership. So build a good following and display your articles to your followers.
11. Guest blogging – Guest blogging is a good way of driving traffic to your blog. It can be done when either you write a post on someone else’s blog or another blogger contributes a write-up on your blog. Both these methods are likely to bring more visitors to your blog as the other blogger’s audience will be interested to check out what you have to say and offer.